Provided by SEQ Legal
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
This document was created using an SEQ Legal template.
(2) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation and links clicked;
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us including your name, position, school name, telephone number, email address, location current tools and how you heard about us;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters including your name, position, school name, telephone number, email address, location, current tools and how you heard about us;
- any information that you choose to send to us in our comments section; and
- any other information you supply online, via email, letter or telephone call.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; keep track of items in your shopping basket; prevent fraud and increase website security; and enhance your user experience. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit; keep track of your preferences in relation to your use of our website; and remember your login details.
We do not currently feature advertisers or payment services. However, if we should add these in the future, our advertisers and/or payment services providers may also send you cookies.
We may publish Google AdSense interest-based advertisements on our website. These are tailored by Google to reflect your interests. To determine your interests, Google will track your behaviour on our website and on other websites across the web using the DART cookie. You can view, delete or add interest categories associated with your browser using Google’s Ads Preference Manager, available at: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/. You can opt out of the AdSense partner network cookie at: http://www.google.com/privacy/ads/ or by using the NAI’s (Network Advertising Initiative’s) multi-cookie opt-out mechanism at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer (version 9) you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block All Cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
(4) Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications, sales enquiries, proposals and quotations which you have specifically requested;
- send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (and you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- keep the website secure and prevent fraud;
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website;
- invite you to training, networking and exhibition events we feel may be of interest to you;
- invite you to participate in surveys, research and product testing;
- allow entry into competitions and promotional offers;
- request feedback from you in the form of testimonials, comments and case studies; and
- contact you regarding any other messages we feel you will be interested in.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us. Please see our Terms of Service for further details.
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on the website. You can adjust your privacy settings at any time by emailing email@example.com advising your preferences in detail.
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any non-partner third parties for the purpose of direct marketing. If, however, one of our trusted partners has a product or service offering that is of interest, they may contact you directly, or in conjunction with a communication from us.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser, or prospective purchaser, of any business or asset that we are, or are contemplating selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
(6) International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries including Middle East countries, the Americas, APAC and Australasia countries, which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
(7) Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure password- and firewall-protected servers.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and other login details confidential. We will not ask you for your password except when you log in to the website. Please do not disclose your login details to anyone else, especially via phone or electronic message.
(8) Policy amendments
(9) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee, currently fixed at GBP £10; and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity, for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by sending an email to us via firstname.lastname@example.org. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes in subsequent communications.
(10) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(11) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
(13) Data controller
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is SBS International Management Consultancy.
Our ICO data protection registration number is Z1303086.